We aim to provide the highest possible education for all of our students. The ethos of our academies clearly reflects our commitment to fully including and respecting all members of our academy communities.
As an employer, we strive to create a culture where diversity is respected and celebrated. We aim to:
- Ensure that all of our policies and processes are fair and help to advance opportunity between staff from all groups
- Reaffirm that effective leadership and operational delivery on equalities matters is a core competency for the leadership tea
- Ensure that all staff have the appropriate training to support and respect the differing needs of our diverse communities. This is particularly important for those staff members who are working with vulnerable children, and those at risk of social exclusion.
- Seek to ensure that our workforce is representative across all levels, including the highest tiers
- Create an environment in which employees from across the range of protected characteristics feel satisfied with and supported in their work
Our services are based on a firm and objective understanding of children’s needs and the recognition that, while we would expect all children to receive an equitable standard of service, different children will have differing needs and requirements. As a service provider, we aim to:
- Ensure that staff and the governing body are aware of current legislation surrounding equality and diversity and understand the school's responsibility
- Promote cultural understanding, awareness and tolerance of different religious beliefs between different ethnic groups within our Academy community
- Promote mental health awareness and develop appropriate interventions where necessary
- Actively close gaps in attainment and achievement between students for all groups of students; especially students eligible for Pupil Premium, students with special educational needs and disabilities, looked after children and students from minority ethnic groups
- Continue to improve accessibility across the school for students with disabilities, including access to specialist teaching areas
- Monitor the incidence of the use of homophobic, sexist and racist language by students in the Academy
For further information please see the Equality and Diversity Policy below.